If you are looking for tips at taking 365 photos in a year, check out the list at the end of the article. As many of you know, or should, I planned to do a couple of things in 2011 in terms of blogging and photo taking.
- Blog every day
- Post a photo of myself taken every day #Flickr365
- Post a photo of Jacqueline taken every day #Baby365
Well, I only completed one of those things (#Baby365), but I must admit I am glad about which one I did complete and the ones I didn’t!
Every day in 2011 Natalie or myself took a photo of Jacqueline, and while we didn’t always get them posted to flickr the same day, I think we did get that done on at least 355 of those days. You might think, oh that isn't hard, taking a photo, so what. Well I tel you what, it wasn't easy. Try doing ANYTHING out of the ordinary for 365 straight days, it takes some effort.
You can see the full collection of the #Baby365 photos in the Flickr Set found here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/chammond/sets/72157625597966645/).
All along I had plans of doing something more with the photos, and while I am not completed with everything, I have two things you can see online now.
The first is you can see a compilation video of the 365 photos set to music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kHmTe2hNMM
Then of course there is the faster cropped version, which I personally prefer. I think it shows an interesting view of Jacqueline growing up over the past year. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFnhpweyzoE
She has grown up a lot over the past year, too fast if you ask myself or Natalie, but that is how parenthood goes.
Stay tuned for
#Toddler365 #Toddler366 here for 2012 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/chammond/sets/72157628676234297/)
Some tips if you are thinking of doing any #Baby365, #Toddler365 or #Anything365.
These are just a few things I can think of off the top of my head that should help you with your project. I will try to update the list if I think of anything else.
- Set a reminder on your phone/computer to remind you EVERY day to do something, possibly two reminders
- Don't clear the reminder until it is done, there is no snooze here, leave it on
- Use a good camera, we have a number of days that were taken with Natalie's phone and they leave a lot to be desired
- Be diligent about tagging and uploading photos into a Set on Flickr. If you name them, tag them, etc, it makes them easier to find/organize later
- Check out Downloadr from http://janten.com/downloadr/ at the end of the year to download and organize the photos if you want to create a video like I did. You might think you can pull all the photos from your original collection, but that can be a bear depending on how you organize things. Also if you don't have all the photos in your collection (I use Lightroom) but you do have all the photos on Flickr, Downloadr helps immensly.
- Try to take a full face photo every time, we didn't for 2011 and I think things could have turned out a lot better if we had tried to do that.
- Make sure your camera keeps EXIF data and you have it enabled in Flickr, it makes sorting things a lot easier (sorting your set of photos on flickr, sorting your photos to create a video, etc)